Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sensational Storytimes!


My storytimes are upbeat and fast-paced. I've tried so many different routines over the past 5 years and have finally settled into a groove. Finding your ideal routine takes trial and error as well as extensive research. It has taken me almost the whole 5 years I've been a children's librarian to read all the books on our professional shelf. The explosion of storytime blogs has not helped me to finish my quest for the perfect storytime routine. Instead, I'm constantly bombarded with fantastic ideas I have to try!

Fortunately, I have the opportunity to create programs for all ages, so I can use all the great songs, fingerplays and stories I find at some point. I've been wanting to post various storytimes I do according to theme. I have so much information, I'm going to have to write a book someday so I won't include everything. Check back every couple of weeks to see new themes added. Please let me know if I have a source incorrect and I'll give credit where credit is due. I love using traditional songs and rhymes, though.

Illustration Note: Miss Karyn is leading this game during storytime. It's so hard to get pictures of me doing things because I'm DOING them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!