Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tot School: Fall 2

Month: November
Theme: Fall
Dates: 11/13 to 11/19


The Lessons

As I was preparing the lessons for this week, Bobo snatched one up. He wanted to get into everything as I was setting it up, so I forgot to take a picture of the trays. He sorted pumpkins, poured and dumped then used tongs to put them into the egg tray.

The Activities

Bobo made his own activity using the letter of the week (F) and his foam alphabet puzzle. He used the candy pumpkins from another activity to make a letter F. We also did lots of activities with numbers. I discovered his favorite baby toy, a key ring, has numbers on the keys. He used those to help him match and identify magnet numbers and pumpkin number cards. Then, he used the number cards with different number of items on them to match to the corresponding number.


Bobo did his first shadow matching activity. I wasn't sure how he would do with this, but he matched everything easily. Maybe it had something to do with using the magnifying glass? We also tried a pattern activity for the first time, but he didn't understand. Instead, he made a ladder out of all the pieces.



Art
We made a no glue leaf collage with tissue and crepe paper. First, he had to wrap his leg with the yellow crepe paper, like a mummy, and cut himself out. He used the whole roll of crepe paper, so this took quite some time. I made my own leaf sun catcher while he was doing this.

Bobo made a turkey from a paper bag and feathers I cut out of scrapbook paper. My favorite part of the craft was the red eye he drew with a marker. I think his favorite shape to draw is a circle.

Books
We read Sneeze, Big Bear, Sneeze! by Maureen Wright. Bobo has an Eric Carle brown bear he used to say, "Achoo!" when the bear did in the book. We also read That Pup! by Lindsay Barrett George. It is a cute book about a dog and a squirrel who have to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!