Saturday, May 12, 2012

365 Days: A New Park


"I've never been here before in my life." A trip to visit a good friend in her new town turned into a wonderful adventure when we visited the local park. Preschoolers and toddlers climbed all over a giant rock in the middle of the park. I thought it would be plastic, but it was real. The little boy with Bobo said, "I think it's made out of aluminum foil. That's hard, right?"


Bobo has been exploring texture through his feet lately. At T-ball, he likes to take off his shoes and feel the infield dirt. This park had lots of different textures like mulch, grass, rocks and sand. He was surprised the inside of the jungle gym was cool.


The best attraction of the new park, according to Bobo, was the large barrel house. He couldn't really move it by himself, so I walked in it with him. I got so dizzy, and he just couldn't stop laughing! We've driven by this park so many times on the way to visit Aunt T, and I can't believe it's taken so long to explore it.

What hidden gems have you found lately with your little ones?


Linking up with Science Sundays!

1 comment:

  1. Those are the best types of parks with lots of things to explore.

    "That's hard right?" loved that quote. Thanks for sharing with Science Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!