Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sensory Bin: The Moon


We made moon sand a few weeks ago. As part of our Outer Space theme, I made it into the Moon Sensory Bin. I added glowing rocks, aliens and Kryptonite.


Bobo added Monkey from Kung Fu Panda and the Green Lantern's house. His favorite activity is hiding the aliens in the moon sand.


As with everything this month, the bin has a glowing aspect. I'm trying very hard to help Bobo be more comfortable with the dark. I remember, as a child (and after watching scary movies even now), being terrified of the dark. By giving him some control over it, whether through a flashlight, glow sticks or glowing crafts, he should start to feel less afraid.

Science Sunday

Tuesday Tots


5 comments:

  1. I love your moon sand, it looks like it would have a really nice texture. I mentioned you in my post today - we took up your recommendation to watch the Go Diego Go moon rescue - you are right its very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a nice texture. I left a comment on your post before I saw this. We love Diego! That rescue pack song is so hip.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully my computer will let me post...... I love your blog URL, how incredibly cute!

    What a great idea to help get over a fear of the dark.

    Thanks for linking up to Science Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter Pan is my favorite children's story. Bobo is still really scared of the dark, so we'll keep up these types of activities. We'll be doing some camping this summer, too.

      Delete
  3. Very fun! You know we love things that glow lol. Thanks for sharing with Tuesday Tots. Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!