Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sensory Tub: Ocean FAIL

It all began when I sat down with Bobo and showed him Crystal's fun sensory baths. I didn't expect him to want to have a play bath (as we are calling them) right away. I wanted to take advantage of his enthusiasm, and (let's face it) willingness to get into the bath. I also didn't anticipate how these play baths would be VERY different with MY boy.


I planned to paint some waves on around the bath with a shaving cream and food color mix. Bobo wanted to help.


"We need ocean creatures." I hunted, but couldn't find the extra box of bath toys with the shark. We settled for an octopus, hippo and elephant.


I probably should have figured out how to dye cooked pasta before this tub. Maybe explained better? I definitely shouldn't have put Bobo's favorite food (noodles) into the tub without expecting him to eat it. "Mama, these noonles taste funny." Could it be the shaving cream on your face?


Let's have a pasta throwing contest, instead.


When all else fails, bring out the big guns (or big bubbles as the case may be).

Since this auspicious beginning, we've had a few successful sensory tubs. The hot weather lends itself nicely to water play, so we'll keep trying. It's not always pretty, but always messy and fun.

6 comments:

  1. All, it looks like Bobo had so much fun! I love the sticky noodles on he wall lol. I so appreciate the links back! Means so much in the blog world x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your blog and now Bobo does, too. He keeps saying, "Where are those girls? I want to play with those girls."

      Delete
  2. It looks like he had so much fun! I've learned that things don't have to turn out the way we planned them to be a fun learning activity. We tried making homemade bouncy balls this week - only we didn't wind up with any balls! But my kids had a blast! http://www.creativelyblooming.com/2012/05/there-is-no-such-thing-as-failed.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny. Things rarely turn out how I expect, and Bobo still surprises me.

      Delete
  3. I was shocked when G didn't stick the pasta in his mouth when we tried it! :) Looks like he had fun, though! Oh, and I wanted to let you know that they Mo Willems author study link up with be June 18th. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll mark my calendar. Bobo caught me by surprise when he started eating the noodles, LOL.

      Delete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!