Thursday, September 20, 2012

Books: Mixing Colors


I had a stumper question today from a kindergarten teacher. She needed stories that showed mixing colors. At first, I couldn't think of any. Then, I started thinking about all my favorite color books and came up with a few. 

Blue Goose by Nancy Tafuri is one of my favorite books to share with babies and toddlers. When Farmer Gray is away, Blue Goose gets into mischief with colors. 


The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown is my second favorite book from childhood, after Cinderella. They mix all the colors of the world. This one is wordy, so it would be best shared one-on-one, unless you have a mature group.


Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh is the simplest book of the three. It is straight forward color mixing and would be a great introduction to the concept.

Please leave a comment with any other color mixing books. I like to be prepared for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!