Sunday, January 13, 2013

Messy Learning Lab: Painting with Real Tools


The invitation for painting with real tools is simple. I re-used the box from the MLL's glow-in-the-dark session. The library already has painting tools and trays. I did use washable tempera paint as I anticipated it dripping on the floor and being spread with little feet.


The lab lasts for two hours and the box painting activity had participants for the entire time!


I used two entire bottles of tempera paint. We put the box out in the children's section for everyone to admire throughout the rest of the month. I love hearing the excited voices coming from the stacks, "I did that!"

Sharing with Montessori Monday and Tuesday Tots.

2 comments:

  1. I love this and you've inspired me, we've used real brushes in the past to paint with water but this year we're going to get the real tools out.

    Thank you for linking to Tuesday Tots and just to let you know that I'm featuring you over on Rainy Day Mum this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have inspired you. Have a great week!

      Delete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!