Friday, February 8, 2013

Flannel Friday: Five Royal Penguins

Penguins by Miss Meredith

Five Royal Penguins
From: PUBYAC Digest, Vol 13, Issue 7

One royal penguin with nothing much to do,
Called for his brother and then there were two.
Two royal penguins happy as could be,
Called for their sister and then there were three.
Three royal penguins wished there were more,
Called for their mother and then there were four.
Four royal penguins learning how to dive,
Called for their father and then there were five.
One, two, three, four, five!

Each penguin has different color eyes, so I showed all of them before starting out the rhyme and asked the children to call out each character. After saying the rhyme once, I took down the penguins and had the children recall the colors as we said it again.

I also made a penguin guessing game to introduce the theme of the day that was inspired by our craft.


What do you get when you take a circle,


and you cut it in half,


and cut it in half again?


Hmmm, what can it be? Add a mouth and eyes to see... That's right, a penguin.

Sharing with the Kids Co-op and For the Kid's Friday

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I had seen this a week ago! I taught my son's little preschool and the theme was "penguins"! I would especially have liked to have done the penguin guessing game. They would have loved that.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!